Sunday, September 14, 2008

Failure to Blog

I have been chided this week by a co-worker who has recently started blogging about my failure to blog. I haven't posted anything since January. So, I thought I'd get brave and try to be more patient with the picture downloading time and do better. I decided to use the HP to see if it's faster than the laptop. I found the cords to connect the camera. Check. I took some pictures for a new blog. Check. I connected the cords to the computer and camera and downloaded the pictures I wanted, there were 4. Check. I logged onto my blog and had to change the snowflake background. Check. I started a new blog. Check. I previewed the blog. Check. I decided it wasn't exactly right. It needed a different picture so I went back and downloaded another picture. Uncheck. It wouldn't go in the file I wanted it to go. Uncheck. I made a new file and it seemed fine. Check. I went back to the blog but it looked like I had lost the entire blog. Uncheck. I started it over again. Check. Saved it this time so I wouldn't lose it. Check. Lost it. Uncheck. Started over again. Check. Lost it, but this time I found the other two (you have to look in drafts). Check. Chose one to edit. Deleted the picture I didn't want. Check. Tried to import the better picture. Error message--lost internet connection. Uncheck. Tried again. Same thing. Uncheck. Decided to try different browser. Check. Tried again. Same error message but in a different format. Uncheck. Tried again. Uncheck. I am bound and determined to update by blog. Decided against rebooting the computer since that has its hazards. Uncheck. So here it is. My first blog since September. No pictures. Just words. Just checking. No worries. I'll try again next week when I have an extra 3 hours to waste on my failures to blog!

2 comments:

Service Social Gathering said...

Way to go girl. I think the eternal plan is that you keep trying and trying to do your best. Believe me, if I can do it you should be able to really do it!

lrix said...

I had to chuckle. I can just see you trying to make this work. 3 posts in a week though. You are on a roll and will be a pro in no time!