Wednesday, November 7, 2007

The Blessed Time Change

Fall has been beautiful this year. I have probably enjoyed it as much as I ever have. But every Fall I have to have a talkin' to myself to be able to handle the coming months of Winter. If it weren't for Winter coming, I would really enjoy the Fall. One thing that I do look forward to in Fall is the end of daylight savings time. I get my hour back. I have to play a game with myself with daylight savings time. In the spring, I have to keep telling myself that I only lost one hour so getting up an hour earlier just happens one day and then you just get up at the same time every morning after that. However, when Fall comes, I tell myself I have an extra hour everyday. Then, when I get up at the usual time of 5 a.m. from daylight savings time, I am really getting up at 4 a.m. but I don't even feel it. So now I have an extra hour to cram whatever I want into it. (If this doesn't make sense, forget it, I can't explain it any better.)

Last year I crammed usually about 80 minutes of exercise every morning, scripture study, books, and some cleaning or ironing. I was really bummed that for all the exercise I did, I had little (or should I say a lot) to show for it. So here I am again this Fall, getting up at 4:00 in the morning and starting once again with the exercise, scriptures, bookwork, etc. Even though I didn't see much weight loss, I felt so much better so I am going for that good feeling of accomplishment and we'll see what kind of results I'll get weight wise. I'm not expecting much, so maybe I won't be disappointed.

Anyway, welcome back Standard Daylight Time. You bring nightfall earlier which is a bummer but I forgive you because I love my extra hour in the morning!

2 comments:

Kliss said...

I am not blessing the time change quite as much. For me, it means that my kids are now up at 6:00 or 6:30. Which is way, way too early for my taste. What on earth are you doing getting up at 4:00? That's just crazy talk. What time do you go to bed? 6:30 PM? You should also begin rousing the boys at 4:00. If you start then, maybe they'll be up by 9:00.

lrix said...

You look good and I think of you all the time when I am thinking about working out. I know that you have dedicated yourself so I should be able to too. Keep it up but start at 6 for me...I am usually just falling back to sleep by that time after putting Haylee back to bed...yes she is 4.